Where your website is hosted can be just important as any other part of your marketing campaign. Without reliable service, your site might not be seen when it really matters, including holidays and other important high traffic days. Here are some signs of an unreliable web host, if any red flags come up, it might just be time to switch!
1) Offering deals that sound too good to be true: Are you signing up for plans that only “cost” $1 a month or come with unlimited bandwidth? While these things sounds great on the surface, make sure you know what you’re getting yourself into. For example, buying the bare minimum package and having to add more services (which can really add up).
Having an unlimited plan sounds great, but is everyone receiving the same deal? At some point, traffic can overload servers and your unlimited plan may result in a lot of website down time.
2) Slow website loading time: Sometimes, having a big or super busy website can slow down your load time. Other times, your hosting company just might be overloaded, causing your pages to slow down and deter visitors. Check out Google PageSpeed Insights to see what the problem is.
3) Bad reviews and reputation: Do your research and check out what customers have to say on review sites. It’s understandable to have a few bad reviews but if the overwhelming majority is negative, it’s not really worth it to save yourself a couple of bucks each month for a semi-reliable host.
4) Unreliable customer service: Is your web hosting company closed on weekends? Do they keep you on hold for hours when you’re trying to call? A reliable company offers support when you need it and through different ways: email, phone, online chat, forums, social media and more. Don’t limit yourself on when you can talk to your web host.
5) Bad Advice: Some web developers handle the hosting aspect for you, but they can also offer very risky advice. For example, I recently heard a client was advised to let his domain expire and then re-purchase it! All because the developer was too lazy to get the login information needed to renew the site…
Learn more about reliable website hosting and call Emarketed for a free consultation today.