Yesterday, Google + business profiles have finally arrived. A short clip about new “branded” pages shows that a business owner cares about customer loyalty and personal interaction with different types of people.
And that’s what I’m seeing showcased more in social media services for small business solutions. The promo ends with this tagline, “Business don’t make people happy. People do.” Social media can help businesses hone that human side and showcase an inviting persona. After all, clicks, Likes and +1′s if businesses don’t see the end result with real people after all their efforts.
Here are some questions that you should really think about investing time and resources on yet another social networking site:
- Are my customers (or customers within the industry) actively using Google +?
- What is the point of the company profile and what message do we want to convey?
- Why would customers be interested in connecting with my company/brand?
- How else will I promote my content on Google+ and off?
- How will I integrate this campaign with my other online marketing efforts?
After you answer these questions, it’s important to take a step back and ask yourself the final question: are you ready to create unique and relevant content for your Google+ profile? After all, that is the goal of an effective profile. Check out these popular profiles for more examples of how they’re being used: Toyota, Angry Birds, NPR and Macy’s,