How was everyone’s Labor Day weekend?
Getting back from a looong weekend can be hard, especially when it comes to thinking of new blog topics for your business. If you start to feel tired about blogging about your business, chances are that your readers will feel it too. There are only so many ways to keep content fresh, meaning blog topics and the format that you use. Don’t worry, your business has more to work with than you think!
- Use different media – Slideshows, podcasts, videos, and Twitter chat transcriptions can all serve as a great alternative to a “normal” blog post.
- Show your audience how a recent event is related to your industry. Discussing current news can help increase the social media shareability of your blog post.
- Case studies: Highlight a successful client and show the problems you helped them overcame.
- Linking out and name dropping too much is never a good thing. But you can always come up with a small list industry-specific blogs that you keep up with.
- Debunk a widely believed and incorrect myth within your industry
- Showcase your staff or have an employee spotlight. You can also go on to explain how your business is different from competitors.
- Talk about what you love about your business. While you’re at it, you can also talk about things that you don’t like so much. The key is to tie it into a positive at the end. For example, sure the social media industry is always changing which can be confusing, but on the up side, you’re always learning new things.
Business blogging doesn’t always have to just focus on your products/services. No one likes a straight up sales pitch and blogging is not meant to be that way. Thinking of these other ideas will help bring more readers to your blog and website so that. If those topics don’t do it for you, feel free to brainstorm some more until you’ve found the right one that you can elaborate on.