Landing page optimization is important for organic, paid and mobile search. Here are some tips that will pretty much always be relevant for optimizing a landing page:
1) Think fast: Is your landing page loading fast enough? A slow loading page/site can deter potential customers from returning to your site. Use tools like Google’s PageSpeed Insights and Mobitest to see the improvements you can make.
2) Add user-generated content: Testimonials are an easy way to add an element of trust and reliability. Check out some more ways to earn visitors’ trust.
3) Easy to find contact information: Having prominent, easy to read numbers and click-to-call options is a must-have, especially for mobile landing pages. A Google study in 2011 shows that 61% of mobile users call after a local business search. This also means having short and easy to fill out contact forms.
4) Test everything: A/B testing, in-page analytics, eye tracking studies, surveys, and even focus groups. There are many different ways (for different budgets) to test the effectiveness of a landing page. It’s crucial to update landing pages and look for ways to make them better.
5) Don’t over promise – This doesn’t necessarily mean lying but the content needs to have a clear focus. When customers click and land, they should get what you’ve promised. Having a clear call to action with related headings, sub headings and bullet points make it easy for customers to find what they’re looking for and will likely increase their on page time and even encourage them to make the conversion.