The new twitter design layout rolled out for many users at the end of September and has finally arrived for the Emarketed Twitter account!
Some cool new features include:
- Endless scrolling for tweets on the lefthand panel. No need to click “More” to view additional tweets!
- View offsite media – You can now see embedded videos and video directly from the right hand panel. For your convenience, you can see it all without leaving Twitter
- Preview profiles before you follow. Clicking on a user will showcase a mini profile preview on the right hand panel. You can see all their info and quickly scroll for more or exit before you follow.
- And of course, shortcuts for the busy folks:
Some bad things about the new Twitter:
- Too much going on. Going from one panel to two is a big change. It took awhile to get used to, especially because everything is now in one place.
- Doesn’t leave much room for design and branding. The customizable space on the right is significantly reduced.
- Can’t view the time and date of a person’s last tweet without clicking on their profile. It only takes one click to see but I miss this feature when browsing users from a list.
Check out Mashable’s take on the new design and how it it’s based on the Gold Ratio. What do you think? Love it or hate it?